Saturday, November 12, 2011

Occupy Oakland - Veterans Day Assembly

part 1


part 2


Veterans of Occupy Oakland, Thank you for your words, bravery, sacrifice and solidarity!
Thank you Scott Olsen, Kayvan Sabehgi, Bradley Manning and all my brothers and sisters across this world who stand up for what is right. The cost of war on People is incalculable and the sacrifices are enormous.  They hurt you, they hurt me because WE ARE ONE!


The leaders of this nation of beautiful people are serving themselves and the war-profiteers.  Their actions of corruption and war are not in the best interest of this nation or any People; they have an agenda and together we will expose it and stop the killing.   It's the war-hungry leaders I blame for every injury and death; they lied to us all.   'We the People' Occupy for various reason, but I believe we all Occupy for Peace.  Power to the People


Someone asked 'What would you leftists do with our military if you had the power?"  I said,  


If I had the power, I would use the military to defend and strengthen our nation; protect our borders. That would ensure we stay safe as is the intention of military. Soldiers are not supposed to be used to guard poppy fields or pipelines. I would use diplomacy long before bombs, so I'd give the State Dept a decent budget (the Pentagon loses more each year than the State Dept gets). I'd appoint a very different Sec. of State than we now have [who said she would "obliterate" an entire nation if their government bombed Israel].


I would not bomb with drones that kill 10 civilians per militant. [stupid unless someone wanted endless war and more enemies].


War-profiteering is big business, so I guess I would displease the world's biggest arms dealers like Halliburton, Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Northrop Grumman, Raytheon, Bectel and Blackwater/Xe. I'd go so far as to say it is the top reason for the endless wars we have today so with my diplomacy and lack of motivation from warmongers, PEACE is what I would do with my power.


I would treat soldiers with the same respect I would my own children (not putting them in harms way unless absolutely necessary to defend MY nation from genuine threats so intelligence would not be wasted on MY OWN PEOPLE). And after their service, I would continue to honor and treat the People that sacrifice for us all with the respect they deserve. I would make certain no Veteran was hungry or homeless! Not ever!


Currently, the US spends 41% of the entire world's military budget so by using the military as intended, I would not need such a large Attack-budget. Besides drastically cutting the number of injuries and deaths, reducing tragic loss of life, I'd save the trillions of dollars and I would use it to do a lot of good... VA would have anything it needed.  A reality we could have if the oligarch's for War Inc were not calling the shots in DC.  Peace to all



"In war, there are no unwounded soldiers." ~José Narosky 
Words escape me on this tragic situation... People care about People so I know there is help but we've got to do better... we are trying. 
A Veteran Commits Suicide Every 80 Minutes
“Center For A New American Security Study Reveals Startling Statistic.”

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2011/11/02/a-veteran-commits-suicide-every-80-minutes/

No comments:

Post a Comment